C231, Cylindrical Crucible, 105ml, 78x29mm, Alumina Crucible NO Cover (5pc/ea)
This crucible comes in a package of 5 pcs for each quantity.
- > 99% High Purity Alumina Material
- Capable of withstanding temperatures up to 1600°C (2900°F)
- Used for laboratory metal and non-metal sample analysis and melting
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Note: Alumina crucible is sensitive to thermal shock. So it is important to keep a slow temperature change rate and even heating during the process. Check below instructions.
Cylindrical Crucibles w/o Cover
- Place the crucibles in an oven at 105°C for 120 minutes to remove its moisture before using them for the first time.
- Do not use gasoline blowtorches, acetylene welding torches, or alcohol blowtorches to heat the crucibles directly to prevent inconsistent heating of the container to cracks.
- Heating or cooling should be in control and not too fast. The temperature change below 1200℃ should be < 5℃/min, and the temperature change above 1200℃ should be < 4℃/min.
- It is recommended to keep the furnace power on to during cooling. If the power is switched off at high temperature, the cooling rate will be too fast in the early stage of the cooling process, which may cause the crucibles to crack.
- The distance between the crucibles and the heating element (such as graphite tube, silicon molybdenum rod or heating wire, etc.) should be > 2cm.
- The bottom of the large crucibles should not be in direct contact with the bottom of the furnace. It is recommended to use alumina footpads or other temperature-resistant materials to raise the crucibles (as shown in the figure below) for air convection.
|Dimensions||13 × 13 × 20 cm|